How Big of a Problem is Mold in The Home
It is a well-known fact that exposure to harmful agents inside our home can have profound effects on our health. After all, we typically spend 16 hours a day at home, a timeline which increases for a person under 7 or over 64. The most dangerous of these agents residing inside our house is the mold whose growth can quickly turn your prized possession into a moist sadness due to high humidity.
Ubiquitous in nature, Molds are the most common component of household and workplace dust, and while most of them are not hazardous in health, reaction to them has been known to cause relatively minor allergic reactions in many humans.
What Is A Mold
Molds are generally a form of fungus spread through the production of spores inside the indoor environment, capable of surviving even the harshest of conditions. Capable of taking a variety of forms, molds can make their way into the home either through the air or through the object or people contamination.
Potential Health Effects and Property Damages
Exposure to molds can irritate the eyes, lungs, nose, skin, and throats of individuals and can even lead to mold allergy that produces similar symptoms to other allergies with the airborne substances affecting the upper respiratory tract.
Some of the most notable symptoms of mold exposure include:
• Nasal and sinus congestion, runny nose
• Respiratory problems, such as wheezing and difficulty breathing, chest tightness
• Throat irritation
• Sneezing or Sneezing fits
Setting aside the potential health risks, the molds can also cause significant property damage due to its decomposing nature. As the mold has the potential to start small and grow quickly, it can quickly reduce the value of your property as its smell can cause your property buyers to quickly turn way from your property and return before even viewing the insides of your home or building.
This is why detecting the mold growth early is paramount as it can significantly reduce costs to repair damage- both to the body and the property. While there are numerous problems that mold can cause, one good thing associated with them is the fact they are visible to the naked eyes. This means you can easily see molds in the cracks and corners of your walls.
The various mold inspection and detection kits available on the market can also do the job for you when implemented correctly. This will also help you determine what type of mold it is, whether it’s toxic and other characteristics. But beware, sometimes especially at the early life cycle of mold, it might not be visible to your eyes, but its unpleasant smell can certainly give you a hint of its existence. So do pay close attention to the smells inside your home.
Although it might not be apparent at first, a high level of moisture in the air is the perfect breeding ground for mold growth. You can look for signs like condensation on the windows to determine the level of moisture inside your home. When you’re cleaning mold from hard non-porous surfaces, you can use either soap and water, commercially available products, or a heavily-diluted bleach solution for a thorough cleaning. If the problem persists, call the best mold removal service in Miami, Krystal Care Restoration.
Established in the year 1990, Krystal Care Restoration has been bringing an end to water problems in both residential and commercial buildings for the last 25 years with utmost precision. Our team takes a no-invasive approach towards each job and gives you a total peace of mind knowing that your work is guaranteed. Our hygiene first approach will eradicate your mold problems once and for all at a price that comes at an affordable cost. Krystal Care Restoration has constantly been raising the bar when it comes to emergency water extraction, leak detection, roof shrink wrapping, roof trapping, mold removal, and fire cleanup. And you can be rest assured that we will ensure the same level of quality for your cleaning services that have made us the premier choice of our clients from every sphere of the earth.
Mold is a serious problem, and getting rid of them early can save you thousands of dollar and the health of your precious ones. So if you see mold in your house, you need to get rid of it as soon as possible. Remember a home free of mold can give you a mind free of doubt and worry. After all, there is nothing like a clean, dry, and air-filled room to instill the confidence about one’s health.